Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Bruiser


So I don't know if I've mentioned this or not, but I work at a local hockey equipment retailer. Well here's a little story from there last night.

I got into work at 3:00. At 4:00 walked in Bruiser, one of my fellow employees. He's 18 or something like that. Apparently he's either a psycho or a terrible fighter.

13 stitches above his left eye. Both eyes black. Swollen forehead (looked like a tumor). 4 chipped teeth. Broken nose.

He got in a fight over the weekend in his game with some Canadian 4th line grocery stick. A regular Tony Twist. Apparently they went toe-to-toe for about a minute and 15 seconds, and the other guy looked about the same.

Anyway, a hockey store is the only place you can go into and be waited on by some brutally beaten 18 year old kid and have it not be weird. In fact, you embrace it. You get excited to hear about the savage beating that occurred.

What a sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment